Serato and Ableton announce partnership...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Serato and Ableton announce partnership...

Post by KidLogic on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:51 am

Serato Scratch Live Forums wrote:October 16, 2008

Serato and Ableton are happy to announce a partnership, which will pave the way for the future of Digital DJing.

With shared artist rosters from hip-hop (DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Nu-Mark, A-Trak) to electronica (Paul Van Dyk, DJ Sasha), both Ableton Live and Serato Scratch Live are renowned as the premier performance platforms in clubs around the globe.

While Serato’s Scratch Live excels in vinyl emulation, music library control and lightning quick hands-on scratching, Ableton Live provides the tools for production, on-the-fly remixing and beat creation.

“Ableton and Serato take different approaches to modern musical performance,” says Ableton CEO Gerhard Behles, “But both companies live by the philosophy that software should be straightforward, easy to use, and most importantly, reliable and stable onstage and in the studio. Ableton has never had an answer for the DJ who wants vinyl control, and rather than try to emulate what Serato do so well, we simply make sure that our products work well together.”

Serato Audio Research CEO Steve West agrees. “After years of talking together, we’re thrilled to be working with Ableton. It’s exciting to think about what we can offer to DJs and producers: the ability to go beyond just spinning records and add a personal stamp to the music they play.”

Just where this Serato and Ableton collaboration will take us has yet to be seen but one thing is clear:
the worlds of DJing, remixing and production for artists worldwide have changes ahead.

About Ableton
Ableton develops technology to inspire creative people. Since the company started in 1999, Ableton has attracted an extensive and highly committed community of musicians, composers, and DJs worldwide. Currently, Ableton counts about one hundred employees in its Berlin and New York offices. The company has received outstanding press, awards and customer feedback since the unveiling of Live in October 2001.

I cant wait to see what happens with this... Big Smile
KidLogic
The Notorious K.I.D.
The Notorious K.I.D.

Number of posts : 1825
Registration date : 2008-07-31

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kidlogic

Back to top Go down

Re: Serato and Ableton announce partnership...

Post by POOEE on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 am

heh

interesting

I would bet they implement vinyl control for ableton

sounds cool, but I don't use either platform so I wouldn't know

WODKA

Number of posts : 8474
Registration date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KidLogic on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 am

yeah, im curious to see what it is... at least, i picture tempo locking from the vinyl to ableton... at best, some insane shit i cant even imagine yet
KidLogic
The Notorious K.I.D.
The Notorious K.I.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by HOT DAMN on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:02 pm

yeah this could be way dope.

i use ableton for production and serato to dj so i wonder what the possibilities would be?

like a crate full of clips you can layer and trigger at will but control with vinyl?

IS A COP
IS A COP

Number of posts : 14742
Registration date : 2008-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dude i be drinkin pricey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:13 pm

i love both programs this could be really interesting
dude i be drinkin pricey
drank it up!

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-08-05

View user profile http://myspace.com/namebrandsoda

Back to top Go down

Post by virusb23 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:02 pm

yeah songs should be released with like a 4 track you can turn off and on the drums and bass and samples at will in your mixes or only turn down the bass on the drum hits but not the bass sample etc.

ide be fuckin buying songs left and right if they gave you that ability. (you couldmake many songs super dope and not suck.)
virusb23

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2009-09-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DROKKR on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm

virusb23 wrote:yeah songs should be released with like a 4 track you can turn off and on the drums and bass and samples at will in your mixes or only turn down the bass on the drum hits but not the bass sample etc.

ide be fuckin buying songs left and right if they gave you that ability. (you couldmake many songs super dope and not suck.)

Surely that defeats the purpose of people making music? Here is a track I worked on, please feel free to take it apart because you only like the snares from the second half and some of the bassline so people won't know what their are listening too. Anyway, as far using multi-track making songs "super dope" goes - that would be a VERY rare thing to happen on the fly in a club. Either way I can't see too labels or, even more so, many producers wanting their music distributed like this.

Abelton & Serato? Clearly, Ableton are looking at some sort of vinyl control for the future. I doubt it's a case of Serato moving into production. Interesting times ahead, that's for sure...
DROKKR

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-21

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/drokkr

Back to top Go down

Post by KidLogic on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:32 pm

DROKKR wrote:
virusb23 wrote:yeah songs should be released with like a 4 track you can turn off and on the drums and bass and samples at will in your mixes or only turn down the bass on the drum hits but not the bass sample etc.

Surely that defeats the purpose of people making music? Here is a track I worked on, please feel free to take it apart because you only like the snares from the second half and some of the bassline so people won't know what their are listening too. Anyway, as far using multi-track making songs "super dope" goes - that would be a VERY rare thing to happen on the fly in a club. Either way I can't see too labels or, even more so, many producers wanting their music distributed like this.

Abelton & Serato? Clearly, Ableton are looking at some sort of vinyl control for the future. I doubt it's a case of Serato moving into production. Interesting times ahead, that's for sure...

Serato go their start as a plug in company... dont forget that. Pitch n Time is superior to Auto-tune and their EQ plugs sound great... that said, I don tthink thats whats gonna happen. It will be some sort of integrated setup, that I unfortunately think the time has passed for. Im still intersted to see what happens, if anything, but traditional djing is fading...

Also, that multi-track format already exsists, has for a few years now... no one on the supply side wants to use it. Forget what its called, but it should come up via a google for "multi-track mp3 format" or something similar
KidLogic
The Notorious K.I.D.
The Notorious K.I.D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum